HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Life Support
Duration: 6 hours
Tuition and Resource Material Fee
- $60.00 per person in a Group Booking (Minimum 12pax)
- $295.00 for an individual one on one private training session and $180.00 for an addition person
Bookings: Online or over the phone
All clients enrolling in this course will be over the age of 18 and literate in both written and spoken English, having completed a Literature, Language and Numeracy assessment prior to attending the course.
The skills and knowledge described enable a first aider to provide an initial response to an emergency in line with practiced actions and compliant with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and/or state/territory regulations, legislation and policies and accepted industry guidelines required skills and knowledge.
Any person who wishes to be recognised in the skill of HLTAID002 Provide Basic Life Support, or requires this qualification in a workplace or community setting, or as part of a tertiary qualification.
- Demonstrate competent CPR performance for 2 minutes each on an adult, and infant manikin in line with the ARC guidelines
- Participate in problem solving scenario exercises and to demonstrate the required knowledge and skills specified for this unit
- Complete a multiple choice assessment paper or theory workbook assessment
This course has one Unit of Competency
HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Life Support.
This course includes but is not limited to:
- Apply First aid procedures for the following:
- airway management
- Bleeding control
- Care of unconscious patient
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- Cardiac arrest and use of AED
- Chest pain / heart attack
- Infection control as it relates to standard precautions
- Respiratory distress, including asthma / choking · severe allergic reaction / anaphylaxis
- Stroke assessment
Upon successful completion you will gain a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Life Support