HLTAID004 – Provide An Emergency Response In An Education And Care Setting
- Option one – Two day training session
- Option two – Combination course – One day – This flexible option combines personal study / theory assessment with a 1 day face to face training session.
Tuition and Resource Material Fee Course Fee:
- Two Day Course $160.00 per person in a Group Booking (Minimum 10pax) or by negotiation, this session will be held on site at your workplace or other suitable setting
One Day Course $110.00 per person in a Group Booking (Minimum 10pax) or by negotiation, this session will be held on site at your workplace or other suitable setting
- $295.00 for an individual one on one private training session and $180.00 for an addition person
Bookings: Online or over the phone
Entry Requirements: All clients enrolling in this course will be over the age of 18 and literate in both written and spoken English, having completed a Literature, Language and Numeracy assessment prior to attending the course.
Course Description: This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
Clients: This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
- Responded to at least three simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the workplace/community setting, and involving infants and children of varying ages
- Follow DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult, child and infant manikin placed on the floor
- Complete a theory assessment
Course Structure: This course has one Unit of Competency HLTAID004 – Provide an Emergency Response In an Education And Care Setting This course includes but is not limited to:
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- CPR and AED
- Shock Management
- Basic anatomical differences between adults and children, and the implications for provision of first aid
- First aid techniques as they relate to children including: Airway Management – Asthma, Choking, Severe Allergic Reaction, Hyperventilation
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Seizures and Convulsions
- Bleeding and Wound Care
- Burns and Scalds
- Eye and ear injuries
- Extremes of Heat and Cold
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Poisons and Toxic Substances
- Needle stick injuries
- Bites and Stings
Course Outcome Upon successful completion when you have been assessed as competent, you will gain a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in HLTAID004 – Provide an Emergency Response in an Education and Care Setting.