HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Duration: 3 hours
Tuition and Resource Material Fee
- $60.00 per person in a Group Booking (Minimum 12pax)
- $295.00 for an individual one on one private training session and $180.00 for an addition person
Bookings: Online or over the phone
All clients enrolling in this course will be over the age of 18 and literate in both written and spoken English, having completed a Literature, Language and Numeracy assessment prior to attending the course.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
Any person who wishes to be recognised in the skill of HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, or requires this qualification in a workplace or community setting, or as part of a tertiary qualification such as Physiotherapy, Massage, etc.
Demonstration of practical skills, verbal questioning and role play/scenario’s
This course has one Unit of Competency
HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This course includes but is not limited to:
- Duty-of-care, legal limitations and considerations.
- Emergency access procedures, Chain of Survival (Inc. calling an Ambulance)
- Consideration of relevant workplace hazards/issues
- Infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- Privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Management of an Unconscious Patient & Recovery Position
- DRSABCD & CPR on an adult, child and baby, including the use of a defibrillator (AED) on an adult and child.
Upon successful completion when you have been assessed as competent, you will gain a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.